Just because you have graduated from SOAS does not mean you can't keep up with the university, your fellow alumni, or your personal learning enrichment journey! With a network of more than 3,000 individuals, the SOAS alumni in the U.S. constitute the largest SOAS alumni network outside of the U.K.
As an alumnus of SOAS, there are ample opportunities for you to stay connected to the university and to other alumni, and we hope you will do so!
Here are a few ways to stay involved:
1. Join "SOAS World"
This online alumni network offers a number of exciting perks, including:
- Alumni news and updates
- Discounted library membership
- Free access to e-journals: Project Muse and Jstor
- Invitations to exclusive events at SOAS and around the world (including social events, lectures, networking events, film screenings and much more)
- Alumni Union discounts
- SOAS Connect mentoring platform
2. Become a mentor (or mentee) on "SOAS Connect"
This newly launched mentoring platform is there to help you make the most of the global SOAS alumni community, keeping you connected to other alumni, faculty, and both current & prospective students.
3. Attend an alumni event in your area.
For a full listing of events, please visit https://www.soasworld.org/copy-of-your-local-network or click on the "Events" page of this website.
4. Make a contribution to support SOAS or AFSOAS's efforts to support the university.
For a list of current funding priorities and/or to make a one-time or recurring donation, please visit our "Donate" page or contact us to discuss your giving preferences.
5. Become a SOAS Alumni Ambassador.
You can become a SOAS Alumni Ambassador for your city or region and help plan get-togethers, provide guidance or support to prospective students & offer-holders, raise funds to support the university's needs, etc. To learn more, please contact us directly or visit the following site for more information: https://www.soasworld.org/your-alumni-ambassadors